. The Jets must determine whether he can be their quarterbac

Czy warto brać pożyczkę przez SMS? Wasze opinie i doświadczenia w tej kwestii.

. The Jets must determine whether he can be their quarterbac

Postprzez bellis555 » 13 sty 2018, 01:57

MONTREAL - After putting up 112 points and winning the Jack Adams Trophy as coach of the year in his first season behind an NHL bench, what can Patrick Roy possibly do for an encore?Even a coach with Roys self-confidence doesnt see his second season with the gifted young Colorado Avalanche going that well. Mikko Koivu Jersey .There are a lot of coaches that are better than me, but I believe Ill continue to learn, Roy said Thursday. And the worst part of this is, Im sure Im going to be a better coach along the way and Im probably never going to win the Jack Adams again.It was a great year. It was fun, but now its behind us.The Avalanche are on a two-game swing through Roys old patch, with games Thursday night in Montreal, where he starred for the Canadiens for 10 seasons, and Friday night in Quebec City, where he built the Remparts into a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League power after his Hall of Fame playing career ended.Roy was lured away last season to become head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Avalanche, who he helped win two Stanley Cups after his bitter parting with the Canadiens in 1996.The fiery Roys impact was felt immediately on a team stacked with budding stars like Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog and 2013 first overall draft pick Nathan MacKinnon.The Avs finished second overall in the Western Conference and tied a franchise record with 52 victories, although they lost in seven games to Minnesota in the first round of playoffs.Roy told his players at the start of camp not to focus on trying to match the 112 points, but to keep improving their overall game.Were playing in a tough conference, and its pretty easy to be humble in that conference, he said. With the quality of the teams, you know that to make the playoffs you have to be outstanding all year.Last year we were lucky and didnt have many injuries. This is a big factor. We could have as good or better a year than last year and not have 112 points. We want to make sure we continue to get better. Our young guys need to continue to grow. This is how were going to measure ourselves, not with the number of points.Roy wants to continue to play entertaining, offence-oriented hockey, but to improve on defence as well. He understands the Avalanches style leads to a lot of shots against, but he feels if they keep shooters more to the outside and cut down on quality scoring chances they will be a better team.The Avs had five players with 60 or more points last season, although one of them, Paul Stastny, left as a free agent for St. Louis.Roy opted to fill the void with older, more experienced players to provide leadership for his young squad. Jarome Iginla was signed as a free agent, and P.A. Parenteau was traded to Montreal for veteran centre Daniel Briere.We were not looking for guys that necessarily be the top players on the team, but we were looking for veterans who could help our younger players to continue to grow, he said.Parenteau filled a need in Montreal, which lost right wingers Thomas Vanek and Brian Gionta in the off-season.The diminutive Briere did not get a lot of ice time in Montreal playing mostly on the fourth line, but he was best in the playoffs, particularly in a tough seven-game win over rival Boston. The Avs intend to use him on their third line.Roy said the deal was good for both clubs.You want players that are happy with you, he said. Im not saying P.A. wasnt happy with us, but this year it would have been tough for him to play on the top two lines and I think he would have been unhappy.This trade will serve him very well. He can play on the top two lines in Montreal, play on the power play. Hes a very good hockey player and Im sure the people in Montreal will love him.Briere and another former Canadien, Alex Tanguay, were not in the lineup in Montreal but were slated to play in Quebec City, which will be an Avs home game.Briere, a Gatineau, Que., native, had only good things to say about is one season in Montreal, which included a trip to the Eastern Conference final.I feel fortunate that I had the chance to play here and wear that uniform for a season, he said. The playoff run we had, and winning in seven games in a Original Six series with Boston was really cool. So there were a lot of good memories.Briere rejoined the team after spending two days in Philadelphia with his son Caeren, who broke a thigh bone playing hockey and underwent surgery on Monday.Duchene, who led the Avs with 70 points last season, likes having the new veterans around.Theyve been through the battles, he said. Theyre looking to win the Cup and they saw us as a team that has a chance. Its good for us young guys. You can learn from the best.Roy said the veterans were excited to see pre-season games scheduled for Montreal and Quebec City, which is where the franchise started out from 1979 to 1995 before moving to Denver.So was Duchene.I love coming into the Bell Centre and looking at the banners up top, he said. Its pretty cool playing under Maurice Richards banner. Hes the reason I wear no. 9. Charlie Coyle Jersey .C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2. Tyler Ennis Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan examines a team facing some challenging times as GM Bryan Murray tries to put together a roster for next season. Perhaps the first challenge facing Murray is that its expected he will be moving out Jason Spezza, a premier point producer who is about to enter the final year of his contract. http://www.hockeywildauthority.com/matt-cullen-wild-jersey-c-26/ . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- The postgame cheer from inside the New York Jets locker room could be heard in the stadium hallways. The reason for the roar: The Jets were keeping their coach. Shortly after Sundays 20-7 victory over Miami to conclude an 8-8 season, Jets owner Woody Johnson told the team that Rex Ryan would return for a sixth season in 2014. "Everyone in the locker room was ecstatic," quarterback Geno Smith said. "It felt as if you won the Super Bowl. Having our head coach back, a guy we enjoy playing for, its great." Ryan was given the news before the game. Hes 42-38 in the regular season with the Jets, and his future had been in doubt even though hes popular with players, has a 4-2 post-season record and has a year left on his contract. The Jets will sit out the playoffs for the third year in a row. "Ill say this: I love being the head coach of the New York Jets, plain and simple," Ryan said. "You put everything youve got into it. I never wanted to go out this way. Weve missed the playoffs three straight years, and that bothers me, no question." Players had expressed their support for Ryan in recent days and did so again after the finale. "Everybody wanted Rex back," linebacker Calvin Pace said. "Hes the right man for the job." Players celebrated the win in the finale by soaking Ryan with a bucket of sports drink. The victory gave the Jets their first two-game winning streak, but Johnson said the decision to retain Ryan was made before those victories. "Were on the ascent, and a lot has to do with our coach," Johnson said. General manager John Idzik, who is completing his first year with the Jets, denied that he wanted to hire his own coach rather than continue with Ryan. "We were together from the beginning," Idzik said. "I know theres speculation throughout the season otherwise, but we always worked together. Hes been tremendous to work for and work with. Hes a leader, a motivator. Hes a teacher. Hes a great coach, too." It was not clear if Ryan will coach through his existing deal or be given a contract extension. Neither Johnson nor Idzik would discuss details related to Ryans contract. Ryan was animated throughout Sundays victory. When Smith scored on a 7-yard, third-down keeper up the middle with 3 seconds left in the first half for a 14-7 lead, Ryan ran on the field to celebrrate with his players. Jonas Brodin Jersey. When running back Bilal Powell threw a 30-yard completion to set up the Jets first field goal, Ryan punched the air as he sprinted along the sideline. The coach was eager for his team to atone for a 23-3 loss to the Dolphins on Dec. 1. "Quite honestly, we owed them," Ryan said. "This team is getting better. This was going to be a proving ground for that. This was a team that whipped us. That was the main driving force." Smith had been benched during that loss. In the rematch, the rookie led three long scoring drives, ran for a touchdown and threw for 190 yards. "After the benching, I had to dig deep -- a lot of soul-searching, the first time it ever happened to me in my life," he said. "Quite honestly, I dont like it. That was part of the decision-making of the coaches. I just had to continue believing in myself." Ryan and Idzik will now look forward to building next seasons team with plenty of issues to consider, starting with Smith. The Jets must determine whether he can be their quarterback of the future, and whether theyll draft another player to compete with him or sign a proven veteran. New York will likely part with quarterback Mark Sanchez and receiver Santonio Holmes to save money on the salary cap, and there are several potential key free agents, including right tackle Austin Howard, right guard Willie Colon and kicker Nick Folk. Expectations were extremely low for this years team. One major factor was the trade of the Jets best player -- Darrelle Revis -- to Tampa Bay, a big blow to Ryans defence. There was also a dearth of game-changing talent on offence, and an underwhelming yet closely contested quarterback competition between Sanchez and Smith, a second-round draft pick. That was settled only when Sanchez was lost for the year with a shoulder injury in the third preseason game. New offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg was forced to try to develop Smith on the fly. After a solid first few games, Smith became a turnover machine before bouncing back in his last four outings of the season, in which the Jets went 3-1 to finish .500. Notes: Jets reserve CB Kyle Wilson left the game in the first half with a knee injury and didnt return. ... Rookie Dee Milliner made two interceptions, and 35-year-old Ed Reed added one to prevent a Miami comeback. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
bellis555

Powrót do Pożyczki na SMS